⚠ This page is outdated. For more recent information have a look at the englisch original.
What it is
How to Create
Select a dashed stroke and open
Extensions > Ink/Stitch > Params.
Set the number of repeats to
Bean stitch number of repeatswhen in running stitch mode.
- A value of 1 would triple each stitch (forward, back, forward).
- A value of 2 would quintuple each stitch, etc.
- It is possible to define a repeat pattern by entering multiple values separated by a space.
Extensions > Ink/Stitch > Params to change parameters to your needs.
|Running stitch along paths||Must be enabled for these settings to take effect.|
|Method||Choose running stitch for the running stitch type|
|Manual stitch placement||Enable Manual Stitch Mode|
|Repeats||◦ Defines how many times to run down and back along the path
◦ Default: 1 (traveling once from the start to the end of the path)
◦ Odd number: stitches will end at the end of the path
◦ Even number: stitching will return to the start of the path
|Bean stitch number of repeats||◦ Enable Bean Stitch Mode
◦ Backtrack each stitch this many times.
◦ A value of 1 would triple each stitch (forward, back, forward).
◦ A value of 2 would quintuple each stitch, etc.
◦ It is possible to define a repeat pattern by entering multiple values separated by a space.
|Running stitch length||Length of stitches|
|Running stitch tolerance||All stitches must be within this distance from a path. A lower tolerance means stitches will be closer together. A higher tolerance means sharp corner may be rounded.|
|Zig-Zag spacing (peak-to-peak)||Not relevant for bean stitch|
|Allow lock stitches||Enables lock stitches in only desired positions|
|Force lock stitches||Sew lock stitches after sewing this element, even if the distance to the next object is smaller than defined in the collapse length value value in the Ink/Stitch prefreneces.|
|Trim After||Trim the thread after sewing this object.|
|Stop After||Stop the machine after sewing this object. Before stopping it will jump to the stop position (frame out) if defined.|